Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: IRC?  (Read 7501 times)

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
IRC?
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »

I think I'm asking rhetorically, but are there any IRC channels we can use? I really like loitering in chat rooms and just chit-chatting with people as they come through. Also, refreshing the subreddit and forums every five minutes just isn't really the same, and I've been trying to reign in how much I post...

Arseface

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • Baddest of the Bads
    • View Profile
Re: IRC?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:09 PM »

I think I'm asking rhetorically, but are there any IRC channels we can use? I really like loitering in chat rooms and just chit-chatting with people as they come through. Also, refreshing the subreddit and forums every five minutes just isn't really the same, and I've been trying to reign in how much I post...
If you join a nonexisting channel it'll make one.

I just joined #cogmind on quakenet.
"Hard work might pay off in the long run, but being lazy always pays off right now"
-Somebody

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »

I'll be there! I just installed Pidgin and joined #cogmind. For anyone else who wants to hang out, you can connect to quakenet with any IRC client using the address irc.quakenet.org and joining the channel #cogmind. I hope I see some of you regulars! :D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »

I know there are a couple Cogmind players hanging out in #cogmind on freenode. Kamilion made a channel there and is online quite a lot.

Note for anyone who doesn't have or doesn't want to install an IRC client: You can also use quakenet's web-based client.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

ironpotato

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »

I know there are a couple Cogmind players hanging out in #cogmind on freenode. Kamilion made a channel there and is online quite a lot.

Note for anyone who doesn't have or doesn't want to install an IRC client: You can also use quakenet's web-based client.
mibbit.com works okay too.

I guess I'll be firing up irssi tonight :)

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »

Oh yeah, also - most of the people seem to be hanging out on freenode. Forget what I said about quakenet, just use freenode.

Edit: What I meant to say was, I look forward to seeing you there! I've been hanging out 24/7, but more people need to stop by. Not that Arseface isn't good enough for me, heh.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:10:31 PM by biomatter »

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 07:01:57 AM »

Come on, join #cogmind on freenode you people!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 07:31:45 AM »

I was hanging out there at the beginning for a little while, but for me IRC is a huge productivity drain for as busy as I am :/

I do hope others will continue to show up, and in the future when there is an even bigger player base I'd definitely drop in more often!

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 09:56:12 AM »

I was hanging out there at the beginning for a little while, but for me IRC is a huge productivity drain for as busy as I am :/

I do hope others will continue to show up, and in the future when there is an even bigger player base I'd definitely drop in more often!

Not you! You get back to work!  ;D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 08:46:58 PM »

Haha, I feel like I was just banished to an office dungeon while you all are planning a party upstairs =p.

But yeah, back to work!

Reiver

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »

While apparently much too late to the party, I do happen to help admin an IRC network, in case folks tire of freenode: irc.nightstar.net

That said, I've no intention of trying to change peoples minds if there's already an established standard. I'll have to fire up another server connection some time. ;)

zxc

• Cogmind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 05:18:20 AM »

Is there interest in using a Discord server? https://discordapp.com/ I can certainly start one up.

I'm on the IRC all the time in any case.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 08:49:52 PM »

My guess is the community isn't yet big enough to maintain this sort of thing, though I imagine it could be possible once 1.0 is released and everyone on the sidelines jumps in, plus all the Steam players we'll be getting :)

Not to stop anyone who is interested, though. By all means... :P

Has anyone else been stopping by the IRC at all?

RenaudDMarshall

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 01:49:09 PM »

Since I'm trying to get more into this community I'll add the #cogmind channel to my favorites on mIRC and pop in there when I'm playing or just have free time. Hopefully it will have a little bit more life.

Looking forward to chatting with you fine folks in the future!

sandersan

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 09:02:40 AM »

Is there any active channel about cogmind on IRC?
I tried the #cogmind above but there seems nobody. I just purchased cogmind last month but got a lot of confusions with me. Hope there will be an active IRC channel for instant messeging!

zxc

• Cogmind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 11:04:15 AM »

I can start going on #cogmind again. Discord is still an option and probably more accessible to the crowd new to roguelikes.

sandersan

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 08:21:33 PM »

Great! I look through the threads and found there seemed no people for several for several months in the channel. But unfortunately the time difference could be another big problem for me to chat with you. I'm a PRC player.

Star Weaver

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 03:30:36 AM »

Since it's barely in use at the moment it might be a good time to switch to ##cogmind ; since on freenode single # channels are for groups that are at least planning on registering as free software groups with freenode admin.

It does sorta say this in their docs but it looks like they've vagued it up a bit since i was paying attention https://freenode.net/policies

zxc

• Cogmind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 05:59:37 AM »

Yeah it should've been ##cogmind from the start. I'm on freenode all the time so I'll just use whatever we agree on.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 08:08:45 AM »

There's a new r/roguelikes Discord server, where we have a #cogmind channel. I've been hanging around there for the past couple days, as has zxc, so everyone here is welcome to join. Chat with other Cogmind players, and also players of other roguelikes, too! Not sure how long it'll last, but it's a thing for now...