Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 03:07:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: REXPaint 1.04 Released!  (Read 2349 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
REXPaint 1.04 Released!
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:34:46 PM »

Oh my, it's been two years since the last official REXPaint release xD

In the meantime I've been adding little features one at a time in response to requests here on the forums, resulting in a whole bunch of little patches available locally, but no proper release.

That changes today, as v1.04 includes all those patches as well as a number of other simpler feature ideas that have been piling up on my TODO list. REXPaint has been a really useful tool for myself and others since the first version five years ago, but there's still so much I want to do with it! (Still waiting until Cogmind is done before moving forward with those major plans.)

v1.04 is a pretty decent interim upgrade, though, including a new version notification feature so that you'll have an easier time knowing when 2.0 comes out one day ;)

REXPaint 1.04 (180619) changelog:
  • NEW: Selected glyph's ID shown in Apply box, along with the glyph itself (activate in options menu)
  • NEW: ID for glyph currently under cursor in selection box can be shown directly to the right (activate in options menu)
  • NEW: Swap foreground/background colors across entire image (Shift-Alt-w)
  • NEW: Copy entire active layer to clipboard (Ctrl-Shift-c)
  • NEW: Arrow keys for glyph selection now wrap around to opposite side
  • NEW: Undo/Redo functionality also accessible via simply z/y as hotkeys (ctrl optional)
  • NEW: Limit application of specific RGB channels in foreground and/or background (Shift-Alt-r/g/b and Ctrl-Shift-Alt-r/g/b)
  • NEW: File browser can be set to ignore specified paths ("ignorePath" in cfg)
  • NEW: Option to use basic CP437 characters instead of UTF8 for txt output ("txtOutputUTF8" in cfg)
  • NEW: Can now override the normal autodetection for font bitmap color keying ("fontKeyColorOverride" in cfg)
  • NEW: F2 hotkey opens rename dialogue for currently selected image in browse mode
  • NEW: Better input support for very long filenames
  • NEW: Currently selected filename in browse mode also expanded to full length if longer than available width (not only on mouse hover)
  • NEW: PNG importing now assumes direct pixel-to-cell conversion if no cell dimensions appended to filename (see manual Appendix G)
  • NEW: Manual's .xp specification explicitly states that the 32-bit character is stored as little-endian
  • NEW: Checks for newer version on startup to show a notification (toggleable in options)
  • MOD: Brought back Undo/Redo buttons
  • MOD: Locking a layer no longer prevents the copy tool from being used on it
  • MOD: Hotkeys for switching between HSV color shifting modes now require Ctrl modifier
  • MOD: Options hotkey changed to F3
  • MOD: Cycle GUI skin hotkey changed to F4
  • MOD: "Base Image Path" and "Exports to Base" removed from options menu (still available in REXPaint.cfg)
  • FIX: Crash if moving caret too far before visible section of filename dialogue box when filename length exceeded box's width
  • FIX: Crash when using fill tool on very large and open images
  • FIX: Foreground colors on a non-black background color output to PNG would have their RGB values changed by +1 for any channel the background color used
  • FIX: Browse mode hotkeys for toggling all folders would simultaneously shift-wrap currently open image
  • FIX: 14x14 CP437 character 147 slightly misaligned (extra pixels)

You can download REXPaint here, and note that as of 1.04 it's also available on itch.io.

Some of the new features in action

Currently selected glyph ID shows in the Apply window, as does the ID for the selectable glyph currently under the cursor (both features accessible in the options menu, and off by default).

Better support for long filename entry (could crash under certain conditions before xD).

Currently selected filename appears at full length if it doesn't normally fit in the browse window, matching cursor hovering behavior.

Swap all foreground/background colors with a single command.

Foreground RGB channel mixing.

Background RGB channel mixing.

Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

b_sen

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Re: REXPaint 1.04 Released!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 10:49:46 PM »

Hurray, I can use an official non-patch release again!  (Also new features! :P )

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: REXPaint 1.04 Released!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 08:15:20 PM »

Sure felt good to get that out there! I guess we have 7DRL to thank for that, because it got me to put POLYBOT-7 on itch.io, which indirectly led me to get a request from the owner to add REXPaint as well, and I felt that if I was going to add it it may as well coincide with a real update!

Really looking forward to building an even cooler 2.0 with some of the major features people have been requesting (and then some!).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon