Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 12:47:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Indirect hacking analyses  (Read 992 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Indirect hacking analyses
« on: February 16, 2018, 08:49:22 PM »

Is it possible to indirectly hack prototype and derelict analyses? Or do you just have to wait until the RNG decides to seed a terminal with the ones you're missing?

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Indirect hacking analyses
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »

Yeah you can.

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »

I hacked most analyses (prototypes and derelicts included) indirectly, but I'm left with a few for which indirect hacks do not work. I've no idea what's that about. I definitely found some random terminals with direct hacks for derelicts that I couldn't get indirectly hacked.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »

Which ones? It's possible some are not indirectly hackable (perhaps intentionally?), but I can't make an assessment without some details.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 05:21:41 AM »

Which ones? It's possible some are not indirectly hackable (perhaps intentionally?), but I can't make an assessment without some details.

I don't remember the exact message but the derelicts I don't have yet are Assembled, Bouncer, Knight? (assuming this is one), Marauder, plus two others that I'm not sure of. I tried to hack either Assembled, Bouncer or Marauder and got a message about it not being something the terminal was able to access - different from the messages about it not known at all and also from the messages saying you have insufficient security levels. And these are ones I'm sure exist because I've seen them at terminals but I needed to use those terminals for other things at the time. :)

(Also interesting there is no blank spot in the analyses for Commanders?)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 05:58:58 AM »

Okay yeah there's definitely some area for improvement here. I can see that the indirect analysis hacking system isn't fully compatible with all Derelicts--it was designed mostly before some of them came into existence and didn't take into account the way some of their robot classes work.

I'll have to look into how to best approach this later, and technically this could be considered a bug so I'll move it over to that board.

(That said, Commanders don't have an analysis at all.)

Note: I discovered that you can get an Assembled analysis if you use their internal tag, by hacking "Analysis(Assembled_4)" :P (Probably works with Bouncer_7, too, though I didn't try that one yet.)

Joshua

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 04:36:31 AM »

Note: I discovered that you can get an Assembled analysis if you use their internal tag, by hacking "Analysis(Assembled_4)" :P (Probably works with Bouncer_7, too, though I didn't try that one yet.)

Bouncer_7 worked. I also did Assembled_7 (misremembered the number) and it gave me the analysis at the time, but it is still marked as question marks in the lore collection.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 04:46:42 AM »

Oh interesting still didn't give it in your lore? Probably because of the difference in naming. In any case, that'll fix itself when I address the original issue.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 08:10:14 PM »

Finally going through all the known bugs to fix for the upcoming Beta 6, and made it back to this one...

Bouncer_7 worked. I also did Assembled_7 (misremembered the number) and it gave me the analysis at the time, but it is still marked as question marks in the lore collection.
That it doesn't appear in the lore is normal, because the lore only checks the first internal variant for bots with the same name. So "Assembled_4" is what you really need to hack to get their analysis. (Bouncer_7 will work for lore too because it's the only variant.)

The fact that you can't hack them as normally as you'd expect will be taken care of as well, thanks for all the info.