Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 02:46:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: renderFilterMap=SWAP Improvements  (Read 598 times)

miberg

• Unaware
    • View Profile
renderFilterMap=SWAP Improvements
« on: February 09, 2018, 02:10:10 AM »

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place to post this. Let me know if there is a more appropriate one in case.

Anyways, I'm using the renderFilterMap=SWAP option and like it a lot. Everything feels much cleaner and easier to parse to me.
However, some things just dont work/look well at all, in particular using "x", "v" and aiming with a launcher.
Maybe that could be improved. I'd greatly appreciate that.

Thanks!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: renderFilterMap=SWAP Improvements
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 03:34:15 AM »

SWAP mode is more of a novelty. It only really works with ASCII, and even then it turns a lot of original UI design on its head so I'm not sure whether it could ever really be a highly usable mode.

There are quite a few things that would need to be addressed as special cases for it to become "good," so because of the amount of work involved I'm not sure how many more tweaks it's worth making to that feature. (We'll know a bit more about this next release when I look at stats again, since the score sheet collects render settings and we can see how popular the various filters really are.)

Regardless, I'd be happy to look into specific usability issues for anything more easily tweakable since you're apparently already getting something out of SWAP. (I find that mode very hard to parse myself, but everyone's different :D)

Thanks for the heads up I'll check those out!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon