Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:00:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: The absurdly powerful launcher (spoilers)  (Read 790 times)

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
The absurdly powerful launcher (spoilers)
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:45:11 AM »

Once I found the interesting alien artifact in the Quarantine - launcher with 1000 damage (sorry, don't remember what it's name exactly). And I didn't find out how to use it without completely destroying all my attached items (and launcher itself, lol) and making big core damage, because it's damage radius is so big, that it necessarily hurt me...  :o is there any way to use this launcher without damaging cogmind and without destroying launcher itself?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:47:19 AM by Laida »

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: The absurdly powerful launcher (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »

With great power comes great responsibility...  :P

The item you're talking about has a massive explosion radius of 20, yet its firing range is 24, so as long as you're at least 21 spaces away from your target, you can't hurt yourself. Of course, that would mean you'd have to stand far, far away from them. You should be able to visually see the explosion radius if you're about to fire your weapon (like any other launchers).

It's also a guided launcher, so you can hide behind walls and set waypoints to fire around corners.

Unfortunately, the weapon is one-time use only, so you only got one shot with this!

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 12:25:51 PM »

Thx, I will try when I will find it again. May be I just need big enough radius of sight for this :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:42:35 PM »

It can definitely be useful, just hard to use properly as you've discovered. Increasing your sight range would definitely increase your survival, since firing it into the unknown is pretty dangerous!

We know one player (Sherlockkat) who was about to win but fired it off into the darkness only to have it hit a wall that engineers had already rebuilt (out of sight). ...Kaboom :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon